We are pleased to present “A Year at a Glance” for 2021, a small collection of impressions and glimpses from various programs and activities organized by partners of the Karibu Foundation in 2021.
This past year was marked by a second year of a devastating pandemic, where power showed itself in unexpected and expected ways. The year also included strong peoples’ movements that creatively struggled for a more just world.
Our annual report includes stories, photos, and information about our activist grantees – as well as the grants shared by Karibu throughout the year. It also includes a text about how Karibu is aiming to transform our grant-making in an extraordinary year.
- A Word from the Secretariat
- Karibu’s response to COVID-19
- Grants shared in 2021
- A selection of articles from Karibu’s “Voices from the South” newsletter from the year
- Article by Tyler Dale Hauger, on “How grantmakers can innovate to shift power” (first published for Alliance Magazine)
- Photos from our partners
- More about Karibu and our work
If you would like us to send you a hard copy, we would be happy to do so! Please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also watch a video with some highlights from the year below:
We stand in solidarity with the movements that bravely continue to find creative solutions and are striving for social change amidst a “new normal”.
The Secretariat of the Karibu Foundation
Eilert Rostrup and Tyler Dale Hauger