This privacy statement explains how the Karibu Foundation collects, stores and uses personal data. This statement is updated continuously.
Last updated 03.12.2021
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Karibu’s website
- The cookie used on Karibu’s website
- What are cookies?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Social Media
- How to contact us
- Additional info
What data do we collect?
Karibu collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.) when signing up for events
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.) when signing up for our newsletter
- Personal and organizational information when applying for grants.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Karibu with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for events
- Voluntarily register for our newsletter
- Voluntarily send us photos for use in our newsletter, website, and annual report
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Apply for a grant
How will we use your data?
Karibu collects your data so that we can:
- Email you with practical information about the events you have signed up for
- Email you our monthly newsletter and/or annual report
- Improve the site’s performance and improve your experience, as well as to enable you to share content on social media if desired.
- Process grant applications and manage grantmaking process
How do we store your data?
Data related to website use (via some basic cookies – see section on “Karibu’s website” below for more information) is stored in Google Analytics’ systems, as well as our web-hosts’ secure servers in Norway.
Data related to applications in our Grant Management System (GMS) is powered by Induct Software, in which:
- All requests are encrypted using SSL (HTTPS);
- All pages in the application use authorisation;
- All servers are protected by firewalls Authentication can be forced to be done through Single Sign-On;
- Forms Based Authentication login gives 5 attempts before captcha is required. 10 failed attempts will give a 15 minutes lock-out;
- Users’ passwords are encrypted in a non-retrievable way, meaning there is no way to decrypt a password back to its original state;
- Organisations can choose to limit the access to the solution based on the enterprise’s IP range when using SSO;
- Data is backed up on a daily basis Application and infrastructure tests are conducted, based on the OWASP Top 10 methodology
Induct runs daily backups that are transferred on a secure link to a separate datacentre in the Netherlands. The backups are encrypted and stored on a secure dedicated server. No third party access is allowed to this server. Restore tests are conducted every month. The data centres are designed and operated according to best practices, and in consideration of threats appropriate to the site such as hurricanes, tornados, power outages and intruders. There are separate data centres locations for the production environment and the backup servers. The Induct Innovation Community is hosted on dedicated servers which do not share server space with any other applications. The physical access to the servers is controlled through access control, on-site security and video surveillance that covers the entire hosting facilities.
Email correspondence with Karibu may be guarded on our webmail and e-mail applications. Karibu urges you, however, to keep in mind what information you share with us via e-mail, and restrain from sending information that can be seen as sensitive.
What are your data protection rights?
Karibu would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Karibu for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Karibu correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Karibu to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Karibu erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Karibu restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Karibu’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Karibu transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karibu’s website uses some basic cookies to improve the site’s performance and improve your experience, as well as to enable you to share content on social media if desired.
The following section informs you on what cookies are, what cookies Karibu uses and how you can restrict or turn off the cookies.
1. The cookie used at karibu.no: Karibu uses one cookie on this site:
Google Analytics to analyze statistics about everything that is happening on our site. This service requires data from karibu.no. The data stored in these cookies are anonymized and can only be read by Google
2. What is a cookie/cookie? A cookie is a text file that is downloaded to the device you use to access our Web site and is stored on the device’s hard drive. Information stored in a cookie is personal and can only be read by the website that first saved it. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Collect statistical data about the use of the website and its function, so that we can follow and improve the site.
All Web browsers allow you to change the settings for cookies, usually found this under privacy/privacy in settings. There are basic two things you can change:
- You can turn off cookies completely.
- You can turn off third-party cookies.
If you disable cookies, you will still be able to use most of the services we offer at karibu.no.
Privacy policies of other websites
Karibu will use the information you provide to be in touch about our work and our partners’ important work and analyses. You will receive approximately one email a month. You can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on your rights, see www.datatilsynet.no/en/ or https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en